- The world's largest retailer is putting its heft behind one aspect of the move toward energy conservation. Read about Wal-Mart's plans for more energy efficient light bulbs. (NY Times.)
- I wrote last week about digitalXtractions, a Rochester start-up with a promising idea for a new web-cam technology. The company sees the technology as useful in security and human resources management. Perhaps they are onto something, as this story from the Orlando Sentinel shows.
- More proof that in this day, every business is a tech business: A project involving Ford Motor Corp. and Microsoft. (Milwaukee Journal-Sentinel.)
- Another iconic company in the new economy is facing a union battle, according to the Seattle Times.
- Here's a company that has developed technology that -- if you like -- will keep track of your every move: GPS-enabled sneakers. (Miami Herald.)