Customer Service | Subscribe | Place an Ad

The Business Page

Welcome to the business page, a blog where I'll take you behind the scenes of greater Rochester's fast-changing economy. My name is Ben Rand, and I intend to introduce you to some of the personalities, concepts and events that make news in business here. I've been a business reporter for eight years in Rochester and a journalist for 18, working in four states. I grew up in Pittsford, but moved away after college for about a decade. My wife and I live in Irondequoit with our two children.

Thursday, October 12, 2006

Overheard

The Fast Ferry is obviously very much front of mind for people working for the city of Rochester. For the second time in a week, a city official has used the ferry for comic relief in a public address. This time it was Mayor Robert Duffy. Speaking Wednesday to a forum on business opportunities in China -- sponsored by the Rochester Business Alliance and the U.S. Chamber of Commerce -- Duffy said he was willing to take extraordinary measures to unload the ship.

"If anybody needs a ferry service," he said, "I'll personally push it away
from the dock at this point."

Last week's ferry humor was supplied by R. Carlos Carballada, commissioner of economic development for the city.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home