On Start-ups and other measures
Depending on whom you speak to, Rochester is either doing very well or is struggling. But it is fair to say there is no shortage of effort to help the region realize its entrepreneurial dreams.
Some of that effort was on display at the UNYTech conference, which featured pitches from companies to investors. Some of the more interesting:
- iCardiac Technologies Inc. of Rochester has developed software that analyzes electrocardiogram data to help pharmaceutical companies produce drugs that are less harmful to the heart.
- Campus Current, also of Rochester, a company comign out of the Simon School at the University of Rochester. Campus Current aims to be a simplified version of social networking sites such as Facebook.com and MySpace.com.
- Pathologics LLC of Penfield, an early stage biosensor company for use in a range of markets.
- e2eMaterials LLC of Ithaca, a company coming out of Cornell University that is looking into producing petroleum free biodegradable composites.
- Sunward Medical LLC of Troy, a company that has developed a way of recording and analyzing chest sounds to diagnose disorders such as asthma and bronchitis.