Customer Service | Subscribe | Place an Ad

The Business Page

Welcome to the business page, a blog where I'll take you behind the scenes of greater Rochester's fast-changing economy. My name is Ben Rand, and I intend to introduce you to some of the personalities, concepts and events that make news in business here. I've been a business reporter for eight years in Rochester and a journalist for 18, working in four states. I grew up in Pittsford, but moved away after college for about a decade. My wife and I live in Irondequoit with our two children.

Friday, June 16, 2006

Hurricane Season

The flurry of interest in the start of hurricane season has a mostly-indirect Rochester technology link. The Space Systems division of ITT Industries Inc. has developed imagers, sounders and other instruments aboard various meteorological satellites. The Space Systems division is headquartered in Rochester but most of the meteorological work takes place in Fort Wayne, Ind. ITT is also developing what it describes as the most-capable American-built imager ever used on a NOAA weather satellite -- the GOES Advanced Baseline Imager.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home