Customer Service | Subscribe | Place an Ad

The Business Page

Welcome to the business page, a blog where I'll take you behind the scenes of greater Rochester's fast-changing economy. My name is Ben Rand, and I intend to introduce you to some of the personalities, concepts and events that make news in business here. I've been a business reporter for eight years in Rochester and a journalist for 18, working in four states. I grew up in Pittsford, but moved away after college for about a decade. My wife and I live in Irondequoit with our two children.

Wednesday, May 24, 2006

Xerox Annual Meeting

In business, numbers tell the story -- most of the time. Occasionally, though, words are far more important. And that may have been case today at Xerox Corp.'s annual shareholder meeting.

Toward the end of the session, a prominent member of the audience stood to ask a question of CEO Anne Mulcahy. The person then took a moment to hand out some high praise.

"I am proud to be part of the Xerox company and a shareholder," the participant said. "There was a long period where I was not. Once again I am proud. It’s a thrill for me to be here."

The speaker? J. Christine Wilson, daughter of Xerox legend Joseph C. Wilson and a prominent local philanthropist.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home