Economic Development and Rochester
The appointment gives the city administration another newcomer to city government with a background in business and management. Besides Carballada, Duffy's team also includes:
- Thomas Richards as corporation counsel. Richards is the former chairman and CEO of the former parent of Rochester Gas & Electric Corp.
- Edward J. Ciaschi as director of human resources. He worked in human resources at Xerox for 37 years.
- G. Jean Howard as chief of staff. She was CEO of Wilson Commencement Park and served several years on the corporate board of directors of RG&E's parent company.
- Patricia Malgieri as deputy mayor. She was president of the Center for Governmental Research, an organization formed by George Eastman to conduct non-partisan public policy research.
- Molly Clifford as director of the Neighborhood Empowerment Teams. Clifford was once public affairs manager for Rural/Metro Medical Services.
- Gary Walker as communications director. He was former vice president of television at WXXI-TV.
- Charles Reaves as director of parks and recreation. Reaves was chief executive of the YMCA of Greater Rochester.
If you assume the recent election was a vote for change, then change is apparently what you'll get.